Pages

Friday 18 July 2014

breakfast.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin




Hello lovelies, so this blog is one I decided to make to separate my lifestyle posts from my illustration ones, I've tried for a while to integrate them and I'm just now sure if it works, it gets all confusing so I'm going to try and keep them separate and more focused for the time being.

One of things I've been really loving lately is breakfast! Who doesn't? Well as a child I never really liked breakfast, not that the homemade offerings were rubbish or anything, far from it, we even had Lucky Charms in our house, local honey and yummy bread, milk from the actual milkman and apples from apple trees growing in our vast garden, it seemed vast to me as a five year old. Being a teenager I was always a breakfast avoider, sometimes I'd grab and go, an apple or a piece of toast but never appreciated the endless options and benefits of sitting down to breakfast.

Now as an adult, I'm totally thankful for breakfast and always look forward to the weekend as breakfast in our house is the starting point for planning all the lovely things, usually just modest and simple like going for a walk in a park, visiting our local farm shop, sorting out our garden. I've become a little obsessed lately, I've even started a Pinterest board just dedicated to the amazingness that is breakfast.

I think the most surreal place I've ever had breakfast was at disneyworld, we'd go down to the ground floor of our hotel and it was just like a mini version of something from Charlie and the chocolate factory, actually, scratch that it was the character breakfast at the grand Floridian hotel, it was amazing and so surreal! Endless toppling mountains of pancakes and sweet waffles, sausages and the crispest bacon ever, syrups and blueberries, yogurts and even ice creams! What. Well when you have disney characters actually dancing around you the food has got the be pretty epic hasn't it. 

What are your favourite things to have for breakfast? Any morning rituals, the best place you ever had breakfast?

No comments:

Post a Comment